Immediate Program Support Direct donations to operating funds provide immediate support for youth and family programs. Our unfunded programs rely entirely upon fundraising for their existence. This gives back to community in a way that truly makes a difference. Your donation provides care, referrals, nutrition support, recreational activities, and programs that focus on current needs and prevention within a predominantly marginalized neighbourhood. You can even direct your donation to areas like program snacks, or youth programs. For example, $25 can buy snacks for 15 children who attend summer camp daily to increase competence, confidence, cooperation, and commitment. $100 can buy a full week at summer camp for 2 children aged 4-14 years. Camps include arts, crafts, sports, games, nutritious snacks, and an off-site trip. Receipts are provided for donations of $25 or more.
Ways to donate:
- Online: credit card or PayPal donation online through the DONATE NOW button on this site, providing one time or monthly donation options.
- Drop -off or Mail: cheque to Shelldale Family Gateway, 20 Shelldale Crescent, Guelph, Ontario N1H 1C8. Attention: Eileen Haughey
- Donate grocery gift cards - our youth enjoy Breakfast Club and nutritious afterschool snacks each school day. Consider dropping off grocery store gift cards at Shelldale Family Gateway. The children will thank you!
- As a Beneficiary: Including 'Shelldale Family Gateway' as a beneficiary in a will, life insurance policy or investment, or as a charity for memorial donations.
- Donate to our Endowment Fund: more details below
DONATE TO ENDOWMENT FUND
Gifts in Perpetuity
This is designed for individuals, groups, or organizations wishing to provide a gift that lasts forever. Growing this fund builds sustainability for children, youth, and adult programs. Donations are invested in perpetuity with professional management through the Guelph Community Foundation. Returns on investment are provided to Shelldale Family Gateway for our non-funded programs.
This fund evolved from work that Sam and Gary Zuber believed in so strongly- to help children and parents grow and thrive. Gary and his wife Eileen (Sam) were key community founders of our neighbourhood organization, involved in program development, hiring and training of staff, donating money, referring families for help, promoting programs, feeding the hungry, and even operating a longstanding local hotdog stand to raise funds. They were especially committed to supporting youth programs which receive no core funding.
Ideal for: gifts through wills and estates, donating insurance proceeds, personal philanthropy, corporate giving, memorial donations, or commemorating a special occasion or life milestone. There are tax advantages for bequests, gifts of securities, RRSP's, RRIF's, or designating our fund as owner and beneficiary of a life insurance policy. The Guelph Community Foundation can work with you or your advisor or lawyer to ensure your philanthropic or estate planning needs are met.
Ways to Donate to the 'Shelldale Family Gateway Endowment Fund:
- Online: Credit card or PayPal through link below; options of one time or monthly contributions. If desired you can designate the gift 'in honour of' or 'in memory of'.
- Drop off or Mail: cheque to the Guelph Community Foundation with notation designating Shelldale Family Gateway Endowment Fund. Send to The Guelph Community Foundation, P.O. Box 1311, Guelph ON N1H 6N6, or leave at Shelldale Family Gateway in a donation envelope (Attention: Eileen Haughey)
- As a Beneficiary: Including the 'Shelldale Family Gateway Endowment Fund' as a beneficiary in a will, life insurance policy or investment, or as a charity for memorial donations.