Ways to Help
Volunteering is a great way to contribute to your community, meet people, and gain new skills and experiences. Many of our programs depend on the support of volunteers to be successful. We have a wide variety of opportunities throughout the week in all of our program areas.
If you are interested in volunteering in our programs please contact Amy Piccin at email@example.com.
Support current programs and services.
Direct donations contribute to our operating funds to provide immediate support for youth and family programs at Shelldale Family Gateway. Our unfunded programs rely entirely upon fundraising for their existence. This gives back to community in a way that truly makes a difference.
These initiatives provide care, referrals, nutrition support, recreational activities, and programs that focus largely on current needs and prevention within a diverse and predominantly marginalized neighbourhood.
You can donate to our general funds, or direct your donation towards specialized areas like program snacks, or youth programs. For example, $25 can buy snacks for 15 children who attend summer camp daily so they can actively participate in our physical and recreational program to increase competence, confidence, cooperation, and commitment. Or, $100 can buy a full week at summer camp for 2 children aged 4-14 years. Camps include arts, crafts, sports, games, nutritious snacks, and an off-site trip. Receipts are provided for donations of $25 or more.
Ways to donate:
- Online: credit card or PayPal donation online through the DONATE NOW button on this site, providing one time or monthly donation options.
- Drop -off or Mail: cheque to Shelldale Family Gateway, 20 Shelldale Crescent, Guelph, Ontario N1H 1C8. Attention: Eileen Haughey
- As a Beneficiary: Including 'Shelldale Family Gateway' as a beneficiary in a will, life insurance policy or investment, or as a charity for memorial donations.
DONATE TO ENDOWMENT FUND
Guelph Family Gateway Endowment Fund: Gifts in Perpetuity
This is designed for individuals, groups, or organizations wishing to provide a gift that lasts forever. Growing this fund builds sustainability for children, youth, and adult programs.
Donations are invested in perpetuity with professional management through the Guelph Community Foundation. Returns on investment are given to Shelldale Family Gateway for our non-funded programs which rely on donations.
This fund evolved from work that Sam and Gary Zuber believed in so strongly- to help children and parents grow and thrive. Gary and his wife Eileen (Sam) were key community founders of our neighbourhood organization, involved in program development, hiring and training of staff, donating money, referring families for help, promoting programs, feeding the hungry, and operating a longstanding local hotdog stand to raise funds. They were especially committed to supporting youth programs which receive no core funding.
This fund is ideal for: gifts through wills and estates, donating insurance proceeds, personal philanthropy, corporate giving, memorial donations, or commemorating a special occasion or life milestone. There are tax advantages for bequests, gifts of securities, RRSP's, RRIF's, or designating our fund as owner and beneficiary of a life insurance policy. The Guelph Community Foundation can work with you or your advisor or lawyer to ensure your philanthropic or estate planning needs are met.
Ways to Donate to the 'Shelldale Family Gateway Endowment Fund':
- Online: Credit card or PayPal through link below; options of one time or monthly contributions. If desired you can designate the gift 'in honour of' or 'in memory of'.
- Drop off or Mail: cheque to the Guelph Community Foundation with notation designating Shelldale Family Gateway Endowment Fund. Send to The Guelph Community Foundation, P.O. Box 1311, Guelph ON N1H 6N6, or leave at Shelldale Family Gateway in a donation envelope (Attention: Eileen Haughey)
- As a Beneficiary: Including the 'Shelldale Family Gateway Endowment Fund' as a beneficiary in a will, life insurance policy or investment, or as a charity for memorial donations.